Monday 1 June 2009

Shadowing A Third Year...

For the past 4 weeks I have been helping a third year with the preparation for their final degree show. Rav Matharu based his collection- 'End Of The Beginning' upon urban street wear with a classic, smart touch.

He has his own website http://www.clothsurgeon.com/ where you can find lots more about him, his work and his label.


He gave me many tasks to do including styling one of his test photoshoots for his lookbook, displaying leaflets about his collection around college and lots of pattern cutting for his final hand in.

Shadowing him gave me some idea as to what it is like in the third year, the work and the ideas, showing me just how much needs to be done to complete the final collection. It leaves me being a bit more prepared a for my second year, as that is a massive influence upon my third year also.

No comments: