Tuesday 11 May 2010

Evaluating and Contemplating...

My time during this year has been challenging for many reasons. I have found new skills and gone down new avenues to discover how I work best, using new materials and techniques to create various final pieces for each of my modules. I have enjoyed many aspects of this year, especially the researching and using new CAD techniques to incorporate into my work.

I enjoyed working upon the different packages on Adobe- Photoshop and Illustrator especially, as they helped me to create some of my favourite pieces- I defiantly think CAD is one of my strengths, and have found much more of a fondness for it, as I feel the final outcomes look professional and unique. Also, working on Final Cut and using the Mac computers for the first time. They were a challenge at first, to adapt to them and their features, however once completed, it helped me to produce one of my favourite pieces from this year- my video and collection package for Fashion Concepts and Digital Media.

I undertook my millinery elective again this year, enjoying it even more, it is something that I would consider looking into and doing again in the future. The process to make the final hat didn’t take as long as last time and I feel the techniques and methods we were taught had sunk in from the last time. I found it to be enjoyable and at the same time, something, in the future, I could grasp even further.

I have enjoyed making new things for different modules; including a bag for innovative cut and a stand for Research Practices, conducting presentations for Enterprise and doing photo shoots with my group for Application of Design. These let me explore new areas and give me added strength and understanding, to help me undertake my third and final year.

As in previous years, I have found Critical and Contextual Studies the most difficult. It seems to take me a while to grasp the ideas that I am taught and the essay work proved difficult. However, I will be taking part in an academic writing course, within the college to help me progress and complete my dissertation in my final year.

Next term seems daunting at the moment. It seems that the work involved will have added pressure and criticism, which it will, but through completing this year, I feel that I will be able to take on the challenge, using the skills that I have learnt throughout my two years being here and include them into my final module, and ultimately my final degree.

No comments: