Monday 26 April 2010

Realizing Digital Techniques...

At the beginning of this module, I was pleased to find that I would be learning more computer based skills, as in the past it is something I feel that I have lacked in the knowledge of. I had done small bits on Photoshop, when doing my CAD final line ups for previous modules, but still lacked proper knowledge- that I could take forward and develop the images further.

When we were shown the Illustrator techniques, it felt that the basics that I had learnt previously, in Photoshop, worked hand in hand with this application. They incorporate together well and I found that you need both packages to create something that appeals and looks professional.


However, when we were shown how to use Dreamweaver, within the 3 sessions, it took me longer to understand and grasp how to use it. The data that had to be put in place to ensure that your website would look professional and accessible made it a bit more complicated. But when it all clicked into place, I found it to be a interesting process that looked attractive and eye-catching when completed.

I had the same problem with Flash, in that it took me a while to get used to and to learn what and how to create the animations. In the end, I thought the animations looked really good when I finally got them working- however if I had more time, I would have added other functions and features to make them look much more creative and professional.

Creating the contents for my portfolio was a long process and took a lot of time to edit and create the images. However, the outcome made it worth the time and I did enjoy making them- even when my eyes hurt after staring at the computer all day!

This module was enjoyable, as I felt I have learnt more computer based skills that will defiantly be used again during my time at uni. The methods that I used are adaptable to any area of my work and I could use them for many of my portfolio pieces and others that I may create in the future.

No comments: